Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Potato Soup.. because

Easy to make, soul warming soup. When I was little this was my grandmother's go-to recipe to perk us up and give us a little love. This soup makes itself and all ages love it.

Today, with the dreary weather and my dreary mood, I was so uninterested in feeding my family. Luckily inspiration struck as I dug through the bottom drawer of our freezer... potato soup.

Ingredients:

1 bag frozen Southern Style hashbrowns

2 cans chicken broth

1 cup of water

1 small onion

Celery flakes

1 cup milk

4 tablespoons flour

salt/pepper to taste

garlic to taste

grated cheese (I like sharp)

bacon (if you wish)

Place the hashbrown, broth, water, onion, and celery flakes into a crockpot. Let it cook on low for about 3 hours. Mix milk and flour together, add to crockpot. Add garlic, salt and pepper. Let it sit on low (or keep hot) until you are ready to eat. At serving add lots of cheese and bacon. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Hop